Curated List of Bot / Headless Chrome Detection Tests
v0.6.1 (29th June 2022) 🚀 [Changelog]
This page attempts to detect if you are a Bot or Not. The tests are constantly kept up to date, please check the changelog here.Table of Contents
- Behavioral Classification
- More Sources and Links
- Bot Challenge
- New Detection Tests
- Old Detection Tests
- Datacenter IP Address API
- Proxy/VPN Detection Tests
- Http Headers
- TCP/IP Fingerprint
- TLS Fingerprint
- JA3 TLS Fingerprint
- Browser Fingerprint
- Canvas Fingerprint
- WebGL Fingerprint
- Web Worker
- Service Worker
- Browser Data
Behavioral Bot Classification
behavioralClassificationScore gives a
rating between 0 (Bot) and 1 (Human) based on advanced behavioral
A score below 0.5 means that you are most likely a bot.
The first score is computed after 1,5 seconds of browsing on this site. Then, the behavioral score is updated after 4 seconds, 7 seconds, 10 seconds and 15 seconds.
Don't worry if you are browsing this page and you are given a score between 0.7 and 1.0,
behavioralClassificationScore consist of 30+ individual classificators
and it is normal that there are false positives.
In order to test your bot with a real world problem, your bot has to solve the challenge below.
Resources and Sources
- Kinda outdated (selenium, phantomjs): bot.sannysoft.com and a GitHub repo from early 2019 with similar detection techniques.
- Headless detection GitHub Repo, last update in 2019
- Lot of good stuff from here: puppeteer-extra-plugin-stealth
- Antoine Vastel: antoinevastel.com/bots and a more recent detection page using HTTP Headers and his employers datadome detection page
- Pretty active GitHub Gist about preventing puppeteer detection
- Rather new detection method found on GitHub
- Vastel is detecting puppeteer with HTTP headers in early 2019...
- hacker news discussion started by Vastel
- And the response from Evan Sangaline, where he passes the new detection again
- Rather recent article (February 2020) about Bot Detection 101 principles
- Very recent (31 January 2021) and powerful bot / headless / puppeteer detection techniques
- Che Browser, is it any good?
- SecretAgent, The Web Browser Built for Scraping
- CanvasBlocker nice Firefox plugin to prevent canvas fingerprinting
- A very good article from pixelprivacy.com about Browser Fingerprinting
Other Bot Detection Sites
- browserleaks.com (very valuable information)
- pixelscan (quite good and new)
- creepjs (this guy is crazy)
- f.vision (seems to do a very good job)
- whatleaks.com (focuses on proxy detection and the networking detection aspects)